You know that the winter is coming when all the kids’ noses look like the Niagara falls of snot.
Winter “likes” to attack the children first, unfortunately, but before long, everybody else joins the common-cold and flu party, infecting one another in a vicious cycle of mucus.
But worry not. Nature, as always, has all the solutions.
If you are otherwise a healthy person, having the right knowledge about natural treatments for the flu – Can help you chase away the evil virus in 24 hours (If you happen to be a child – even less).
This is my list of the best flu remedies, which DO NOT include swine flu shots, seasonal flu shots, Tylenol, fever-reducers and trips to the ER.
Ready? Here we go.
How to Get Rid of the Flu in 24 Hours
1. Stop Working or doing house chores NOW. In fact, do nothing but resting or sleeping. If you are serious about exterminating the flu in 24 hours, don’t put more obstacles in front of your immune system and let your poor body focus on flu-bashing only.
Rest and sleep as much as you can.
2. Water – The minute you feel the first sign of a cold or flu, start drinking a lot of water – Up to a gallon and a half for an adult.
3. Hot Fluids and Chicken Soup – Hot fluids, such as hot water with lemon and honey, herbal teas and lots of homemade chicken soup or bone broth help the body’s immune system and stop proliferation of the flu virus.
But one cup of tea is not enough my friends, sip the stuff continuously until you can’t even look at it anymore.
4. Chicken Soup Alternative – If you have no strength to make chicken soup (and no one else to make it for you), garlic tea is an easy and effective alternative. Garlic is a powerful anti-bacterial herb.
Peel 2-3 cloves of fresh garlic and lightly crush them. Add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Simmer for another 15 minutes, strain the garlic and allow it to cool. Add raw honey and lemon and drink as much as you like.
5. Remove all sugars and carbs until you are symptom free. If you haven’t heard the news yet, sugars are toxic, so stay away from them (at least) in the next 24 hours.
6. Sambucol – This common natural remedy is an excellent defender against our arched enemy – The flu virus .
And it’s safe for children too. Sambucol is made of elderberry and makes a powerful remedy for the cold and flu. I recommend keeping Sambucol at home always.
7. Organic Oregano oil – This super-hero-herb is scientifically proven to be effective for ear infections, sore throats (even those caused by Strep.)
and the flu. It’s very strong though, too strong for children, but an adult can have 8 drop of oregano oil in water up to 3 times a day.
8. Vitamin C – Chewable Vitamin C is a great solution for kids that refuse all the garlic and onion-honey cough syrups. Vitamin C will boost their immune system and the chewable ones made for kids are tasty.
9. Homemade Cough Syrup – This ancient remedy is still one of the most effective and speedy cough treatments. Wash, peel and slice (horizontally) an entire red onion (white is o.k. too).
Cover the slices with raw honey and let it sit overnight. This will make you about a cup of nutrient-filled natural cough remedy that’s completely safe for children. You can give your kids 1 tbsp every 5 hours and double for adults.
These flu home remedies have kept my entire family flu-free for the last 3 years.
The secret is to catch it the minute is starts, attack it with these natural weapons and rest until you are symptom free – 24 hours later.
To your health & happiness,
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog..