I discovered the astonishing magnesium oil uses while looking for a natural solution for my sleep-deprived sister, suffering from stiff neck and headaches almost every morning.
After only a week of using pure transdermal magnesium oil (I got her this one, after some research), my sister is now insomnia-free and neck-and-headache-free.
She also reported that her body odor has gone away (embarrassing, but fortunately you don’t know her) and she now enjoys great mental clarity.
More and more people around the world realize how magnesium deficiency may be the culprit of their “mysterious” symptoms and health problems.
Every cell in our body needs magnesium in some way, and it is vital for bone, tooth, muscle and joint health as well as for optimal sleep and stress control.
What is Magnesium Oil?
Magnesium oil is a term for a mixture of a highly saturated solution of magnesium chloride in distilled water, which has a texture similar to oil. But it’s not oil.
Why Most of us Are Unknowingly Magnesium-Deprived
Sadly, every year we get less and less magnesium, the fourth most abundant mineral in the human body, from our food and water. The ocean is still a good source, but most of us don’t have daily access to it.
The natural sources of magnesium are becoming depleted. The soil is over-farmed and full of pesticides, water filteration systems remove much of the magnesium, and our lifestyle, which includes lack of sleep, stress, and alcohol-caffeine-sugar consumption – destroys the little Magnesium that’s left.
The Best Way to Elevate Magnesium Levels
It appears that the most effective way to increase overall magnesium levels in your body is to apply magnesium oil to your skin, especially if you have any digestive issues.
Magnesium is often not well absorbed by the digestive system, and is even more difficult to absorb if you are low in vitamin D, lack in gut bacteria or suffer from a number of other conditions.
The second great benefit of magnesium oil is that you can’t overdose yourself with this stuff. Your skin will not absorb more magnesium than the body needs. How great is that?
(Highly recommended: Dr. Mark Sircus book – Transdermal Magnesium Therapy)
The Best Magnesium Oil Uses
You can use Magnesium Oil to soothe pain nearly anywhere in your body – From muscle cramps to joint aches and pains.
It is also capable of relieving stress, maintaining good lookin’ skin, relaxing your body, promoting good sleep, and aiding general health and vitality.
Here’s a list of magnesium uses:
- Arthritis, osteoporosis, joint pain, rheumatoid arthritis
- Asthma, cold, flu
- ADHD, aggressive behavior, alcoholism, autism
- Muscle stiffness, muscle spasms, pulled muscles, MS
- Chronic fatigue, cancer, chemical sensitivity
- Diabetes, hypertension
- constipation, cramps, IBS
- PMS, menopause symptoms
- Cluster headaches, migraine headaches
- Cardiovascular diseases, heart palpitation
- Psychiatric conditions
- Sport injuries, head injuries
- Dental health
- Anti-aging (Hooray!)
** And I would add to this list, from extensive research – Magnesium (combined with amino acids) can completely cure anxiety and panic disorders!
And Now…Let’s Get Practical
For general maintenance of magnesium levels – Spray the magnesium oil on your arms, legs and stomach every day and leave it on for about 20 minutes before you wash it off.
It will tingle on your skin the first few times. If it’s too annoying, dilute it with some water, but the tingling will fade after a few applications.
I recommend moisturizing about 5 minutes after applying, preferably with a natural moisturizer, such as raw organic coconut oil.
1. Magnesium Oil for Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Joint pain – Magnesium oil relaxes the muscles around the painful areas. Rub some of it around the painful spots. As for osteoporosis, Magnesium oil may act as a buffer against diets with high acidity, as well as substitute for a lack of calcium in the bones.
2. Magnesium Oil for Muscle Pain & Injuries – Apply Pure Magnesium Oil to the problem-area as needed. You can also soak a paper towel with it and place it on a sprained ankle or pulled muscle.
Wrap the whole thing with a shrink-wrap or household plastic wrap to keep it secure and moist, for at least 4 hours (up to 8 hours). Let it air dry an hour before you repeat the process.
Update: Magnesium for restless leg syndrome – The unbeatable natural remedy – Read HERE.
3. magnesium Oil for better Sleep, Stress reduction and relaxation – Rub magnesium oil on your feet before you go to sleep. Put your socks on.
4. For More Energy – Apply the oil liberally on your body in the morning.
5. Magnesium Oil for Teeth (Mouth wash): – dilute ¼ tsp into 1 oz. of water. Gargle for 60 seconds. DO NOT SWALLOW.
This is excellent for the gums; it will freshen your breath, strengthen teeth and is great for gingivitis. Not for children under the age of 15.
6. Deodorant – A couple of sprays under each armpit works both as an effective and natural deodorant and to transport magnesium into your body. You can also apply by hand. Spray/wash feet with it to get the same effect.
7. Magnesium Oil for Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis – Magnesium oil can be the most effective topical treatment you’ll try, and is highly therapeutic and healing to skin conditions such as:
- Poison oak, Burns etc.
Topically applied magnesium chloride enhances skin barrier function, decreases inflammation, speeds wound healing, and promotes skin cell hydration.
35% strength may be too strong for the face and neck and definitely too strong for burns or wounds – for these applications the oil must be appropriately diluted.
For burns and wounds A 4% solution is recommended (Dilute 1 part 35% oil: 8 parts water).
Rub thoroughly into the problem area (up to 3 times a day) – the more you rub, the more your skin will absorb; Let dry and wash with water after 30 minutes. If you feel it stings too much, dilute with more water and try again.
Caution: Magnesium oil is NOT to be ingested. Generally, keep away from big open wounds, eyes, and nasal cavities. Keep off of genitalia. Keep out of reach of children.
Which Magnesium Oil is the Best?
I recommend Ancient Minerals Ultra Pure Magnesium Oil. It’s highly important the “oil” is made with clean and pure water and some brands’ magnesium oils may derive from unclean or even contaminated bodies of water.
Other brand which I found safe and effective is Natural Calm.
That’s it folks, hope you found this post helpful and I’d be super-glad if you came back to report your success stories with this wonderful natural remedy.
Do you know of another health use or benefit of Magnesium Oil that was left out here? I’d love to find out. Let me know in the comments below…
To your health & happiness,
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog..