It makes me a little sad to realize that it has taken me 5 years and thousands of dollars (on useless and toxic skincare products) to find out about nature’s (cheap!) alternative to botox, chemical peels and surgical facelifts.
The amazing Aloe Vera plant.
All I had to do is look outside my window here in California to find the most potent and versatile anti-aging plant on earth.
Aloe Vera for Wrinkles – Just Hype or Science-Backed?
Apparently, Aloe Vera gel is not just an effective remedy for sunburns. Oh no. It’s so much more than that.
In a study published in the Annals of Dermatology in 2009, researchers found that just 1200 mg/d (1/4 teaspoon!) of pure Aloe Vera gel can significantly reverse signs of skin aging – In 90 days.
30 healthy females over the age of 45 received 2 different oral doses (low dose – 1200 mg/d, high dose – 3600 mg/d) of pure Aloe Vera gel supplementation for 90 days.
The results were remarkable: After just 90 days, facial wrinkles improved significantly in both groups, and facial elasticity improved in the lower dose group.
They found that drinking aloe gel increased production of collagen, the basic structural component of skin. The more collagen your skin produces – The less wrinkles and sagging skin you’ll have.
But here’s what’s most amazing: Aloe also worked way down at the DNA level. It decreased gene activity that causes collagen to become damaged in the first place.
By the way, besides rejuvenating your skin, Aloe Vera can detox your digestive system. The gel moves through your intestinal tract and picks up toxins along the way. It drags them out through your colon.
Detoxing your system is another great way to make your skin shine from within.
(To see all proven health benefits of Aloe Vera – Go HERE).
The 3 Unique Aloe Vera Benefits for Your Skin
So here’s why Aloe Vera is the ultimate anti-aging plant:
- Topically it repairs skin damage (burns, scars, wounds, acne).
- Internally is helps rebuild collagen (more of it and faster).
- At the DNA level it fights to prevent collagen breakdown in the first place.
Simply out, Aloe Vera works from the inside out to reverse wrinkles and prevent new ones from appearing – In a matter of 90 days.
And let’s not forget one more thing: It is not only a safe, non toxic and natural anti-aging treatment – It’s also one of the cheapest wrinkle-reducer methods ever.
Aloe Vera for Wrinkles – Side Effects and Risks
Before you run out and get a giant tub of Aloe Vera gel or the largest Aloe plant you can find – There are a few things you have to know:
1. There are over 250 species of Aloe in the world. The most common one is Aloe Barbadensis. This is the plant you should look for, either to plant and grown on your own, or buy a 100% pure organic gel/juice.
2. Pay attention to dosage: High amounts of Aloe can cause diarrhea and allergic reactions. The study has found that you only need 1/4 of a teaspoon daily to get the amazing anti-aging benefits.
Don’t be tempted to increase the dosage to avoid toxicity.
3. Some people are sensitive or allergic to either topical or external use of Aloe Vera gel .At your first use, try to rub a tiny amount of the gel on your skin and check for unwanted reactions.
How to Use Aloe Vera for Anti Wrinkle Treatment
If you can get your hands of the actual plant – You’re in luck. All you have to do is to extract Aloe’s miracle gel from inside the leaf and you have the cheapest and most powerful wrinkle-fighter – Without having to rub unknown, lab created chemicals on your face.
That gel is precious. It’s 96% water but also has over 200 healing phytonutrients. A fresh Aloe Vera Leaf, by the way, should stay fresh when stored in the fridge for about 2-3 weeks.
Click here to see a photo-tour showing step by step pictures of how to easily fillet Aloe and remove the gel.
If you can’t find the fresh Aloe leaf, look for 100% organic Aloe Vera Juice and add 1-2 teaspoons to your smoothie.
Do not use any normal store-bought Aloe Vera gel because they’re filled with chemicals and non-edible nasties.
Now that you have the Aloe Gel, Here’s what to do:
1. Take a small amount of freshly harvested or high quality organic Aloe gel and massage it into your skin in circular motion for 2-3 minutes.
I recommend you do this before sleep to help release toxins at night and tone facial skin while also infusing it with nourishing and healing properties.
Don’t forget to apply as eye cream – It’s known to be the greatest homemade eye cream ever.
2. You can mix 1 teaspoon of aloe gel and one Vitamin E capsule and apply to areas where wrinkles are forming.
3. Add 1/4 teaspoon of aloe gel to your daily smoothie, preferable in the morning, to promote collagen production and prevent collagen breakdown.
See below 5 great Aloe Vera anti-wrinkle treatments you can easily do at home:
6 Homemade Aloe Vera Skin Care Products
1. Homemade Aloe Vera Scrub
Regular exfoliation can assist the skin with cell turnover and increase the production of collagen. If you add Aloe to the mixture you’ll double the effect.
• 1 tablespoon of Aloe Gel
• 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
• ¼ cup of brown sugar
Mix the ingredients together and massage it gently on your face in a circular motion. Do this for about 3-5 minutes then rinse off with lukewarm water. Pat dry after.
The brown sugar will exfoliate the dead skin and allow for the healing nutrients of the oil and the Aloe to penetrate your skin.
You can do this up to 3 times a week.
Enjoy your renewed and glowing complexion.
2. Homemade Aloe Vera Face Mask
Before applying any facial mask clean your face and neck with fresh water. Take off all cosmetics, creams, lotions, in short: everything.
When finished, pat your skin dry.
If you can take a hot, pore-opening steaming shower – Even better.
Make a paste from all ingredients except for the aloe gel. Add the aloe gel to the paste and mix it well. Apply the paste to your face and neck evenly and leave for 20 minutes.
Wash it off with luke warm water and pat dry with a clean towel. Repeat once a week.
3 More Simple Aloe Vera Masks
Alternatively, you can try 2 more (more simple) homemade aloe face masks:
1. Mix 1 teaspoon of powdered sea greens with 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel. Apply a thin layer to the face and leave on for ten minutes before rinsing. Do this once a week.
* Seaweed powder helps detoxify the body removing impurities and nourishing the skin by restoring it with essential nutrients. It also stimulates blood circulation leaving your skin with a healthy glow.
2. Mix 1 tbsp of Aloe Vera gel with 1 egg yolk and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Apply on your face and leave for 20 minutes. This face mask is so good it will look like you’ve been injected with Botox. Seriously.
3. Blend 1/2 cup of fresh grapes with 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel and 1 tablespoon of raw honey. Apply over your face and leave for 20 minutes. Rinse and pat dry. Repeat once a week or alternate with the other recipes.
When you have applied the Aloe Vera face mask of choice make sure you take your time to lie down and relax.
Put 2 cucumber slices on your eyes; or use 2 used and cooled down chamomile teabags (my favorite!) or 2 cotton pads soaked in rose or lavender water.
3. Homemade Aloe Vera Facial Spray
Ditch the toxic industrial face spray and enjoy the hydrating and soothing benefits of Aloe Vera and rosewater – Anytime, anywhere.
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tbsp of Aloe Vera gel
- 2 tbsp rosewater
- 1 bottle of mineral water
(And you will also need a spray bottle.)
Peel the cucumber and put in a blender to make a paste, and then strain all the juice from it onto a bowl.
Add 1 tbsp of aloe gel and 2 teaspoons of rosewater and mix well. Now, transfer this “juice” into a spray bottle and add the mineral water.
Your great-smelling mist is now ready to use. Spray a few times a day and enjoy your non-toxic Aloe Vera facial spray!
This face mist will last in your fridge for about a week, but you might love it so much that you will finish the bottle a lot quicker.
Aloe Vera is probably the cheapest yet most powerful anti-wrinkle treatment on earth. Science confirms it and my skin confirms it too.
Aloe works from the inside out to reverse your aged-skin by promoting new collagen production, while preventing breakdown of existing collagen.
No other plant in the world, to my knowledge, can do that.
I’ll bet if you go and try it for a few weeks, you too will be interrogated about where you’ve had your botox done, or who’s your gifted plastic surgeon. I know I am…
Give it a try and come back to let me know about the results…I can’t wait!
To your health & happiness,
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog..